By Paul, Sep 6 2017 11:23AM
So we promised we would have recipes to share - we've just taken a while to get to this point!
With the launch of our pasty fillings being sold on their own (thanks to the lovely customers who suggested it!) - now seems like the perfect time to get on it!
Here we have more of a serving suggestion than a recipe I guess - but we'll get there!
Initially we just have our Creamy Curried Jackfruit & our Mushroom Stroganoff sauces available purchase by wieght - and we'll look at others depending on demand - so if there was something you would like us to offer - please shout!
Today I've been playing with the Mushroom Stroganoff (as I'm sure you can tell!). I used:
* 400g Mushroom Stroganoff (which had been frozen - half defrosted in the fridge - then impatiently finished off in the saucepan!) heated until fully defrosted. Add:
* 200-300mls Vegan White Wine (depending on taste) stir into the sauce. Add:
* 1 box of Risotto Rice - stir well. Once the sauce is soaking into the rice well add:
* 100mls Stock (we used stock from making the stroganoff - available soon! But any stock will be fine). Stir well. At this point I added:
* Mixed Herbs, Salt & Pepper to taste. Stir well. Once stock is fully soaked - add:
* Stock - approx 50ml at a time - stir well and regularly to ensure even coating and that it doesn't stick to the pan.
* Taste once you have added the first couple of stock top-ups to keep a close eye on how it is doing. Once the rice begins to soften - add: (more stock and)
* 200g Fresh Spinach - as you can see - it really cooks down - the dish could easily accommodate more - but that was all I had.
* Once the rice is softened, and you are happy with the seasoning - you are done! Enjoy!
* Optional extra - stir a good spoon full of vegan cream cheese in for extra creaminess just after you have taken the pan off the heat. We had ours with a pile of scrummy tomatoes, cucumber and peppers - garlic bread would have also gone fabulously!
Hope you find this helpful - would love to hear your serving suggestions and recipes too - so please do share :)